Friday, May 27, 2011

SOCICAL MEDIA AND BRANDING: WHY DO BRANDS NEED AN IDENTITY TO CREATE BRANDING

There is a four step formula in creating positioning.
There is a four step formula in creating positioning. Positioning is created by asking four questions. Who is the brand FOR…this defines the TARGET. You then say “Brand X is…(define the frame of reference and subjective category). If you asked this question about the two singers mentioned earlier you would say Brand X is an R&B dance singer. This would define for the market which brands are in play in this category.  You then would ask, “Which gives the most…(promise or consumer benefit). If you like videos, your selection for an R & B brand would be the singer that makes the best videos. The last question is “because of…”. “ I want an R&B brand that gives me a visual experience “.  Because I want a visual experience, I will chose the singer that makes the most stylish videos.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog and commenting. Everyone has a there own take on things and I'm interested in what you have to say.